United Ethanol LLC ...
- uses 15.5-18 million bushels of corn per year
- produces 42-50 million gallons of ethanol per year
- produces 139,000-162,000 tons of dried distiller's grain per year
- produces 15,000-16,000 tons of wet distiller's grain per year
- captures/liquefies 200-250 tons of CO2 per day
- operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- $15 million of taxable property
- 35 high quality employment opportunities
- Large quantity of distiller's grain animal feed
- Increased activity for local businesses (ie. trucking companies, crop farmers, restaurants, gift shops, auto repair shops, hardware store, grocery store, etc.)
Note: These numbers may alter a little, depending on day-to-day situations. This is why we quoted variations (#-#) in some instances.
In 2010, the U.S. ethanol industry ...
- supported 400,000 jobs
- added $53.6 billion to the U.S. gross domestic product
- raised household incomes by $36 billion
- utilized more than 4.65 billion bushels of corn
- produced 13.23 billion gallons of ethanol, replacing the need for about 445 million barrels of oil
Source: Renewable Fuels Association
In 2009, the Wisconsin ethanol industry ...
- produced 527 million gallons of ethanol
- was ranked ninth in the country for ethanol production
Source: 2009 Wisconsin Biofuels and Alternative Fuel Use Report